15th Conference (2018)
The Institute for Linguistic Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences (Saint Petersburg, Russia) is pleased to announce the 15th Conference on Typology and Grammar for Young Scholars, which will be held in Saint Petersburg, 22–24 November 2018.
- Tatiana Nikitina (Laboratory « Languages and cultures of Sub-Saharan Africa » – Llacan CNRS, Paris), “The syntax of reported discourse: A typological approach”
- Frans Plank (Oxford University, Oxford), “Chance and necessity in the life-cycle of suppletion”
- Alena Witzlack-Makarevich (University of Kiel, Kiel), “Typological variation of differential argument marking: How to capture it and what it tells us”
Submissions from young researchers (35 years old and younger) working in any area of linguistic typology, grammar and phonology are welcome. Each talk selected for presentation will be allotted 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of discussion. The official languages of the conference are Russian and English, and abstracts can be written in either language. The deadline for abstract submission is 7 September 2018. Anonymous abstracts in .doc/.docx/.rtf/.pdf format should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com, with “ABSTRACT” stated as the email subject. Note that the abstract should not exceed 4000 characters, excluding references, otherwise it will be rejected on formal grounds. In the abstract, please define the problem, methods and findings of the research. The following information should be provided in the body of the e-mail:
- title of the abstract (if your abstract is in Russian, please provide English translation),
- author’s or authors’ first and last names (with English transliteration, if necessary), and affiliation(s),
- e-mail address.
If you use non-standard fonts, please attach them to the e-mail and send an additional copy of your abstract in .pdf format.
One individual may be involved in a maximum of two abstracts (maximum of one as sole author).
The decision of the Organizing Committee on the acceptance/rejection of submissions will be communicated to the authors no later than 16 September 2018.
There is no participation fee.
Submission deadline: 7 September 2018
Notification of acceptance: no later than 16 September 2018
Conference: 22–24 November 2018
Daria Mishchenko, Junior Research Fellow, ILS RAS (Chair)
Sergei Klimenko, Junior Research Fellow, ILS RAS (Secretary)
Maksim Fedotov, Junior Research Fellow, ILS RAS
Dmitry Gerasimov, Junior Research Fellow, ILS RAS
Maria Kholodilova, Junior Research Fellow, ILS RAS
Olga Kuznetsova, Research Fellow, ILS RAS
Sofia Oskolskaya, Junior Research Fellow, ILS RAS
Sergey Say, Head of the Department of Linguistic Typology, ILS RAS
Arseniy Vydrin, Senior Research Fellow, ILS RAS
Natalia Zaika, Senior Research Fellow, ILS RAS